Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Under the Sea

It's been a while. Having an infant does wonders in curing one's projectitis. Only, it's begun to creep back. Last Saturday was Emily's 1st birthday party, which means a) she's no longer an infant; and b) I had a billion things I wanted to make and do to make it a memorable party. Thanks to pinterest (holy geez, that is a distraction in my life) I amassed a pile of images and inspirations to work from. (You can see it here) I began a month ago, designing the invitations. Which meant I had to pick a theme. Ugh. That took longer than I care to admit. Constantly flip-flopping. And then I couldn't send them out because I couldn't decide where to hold the party (ended up at home, which was not my first choice, but oh well). Finally ended up with this card, and thus a theme was born.
I'll admit that I found the seahorse illustration online and re-drew it, altered it a bit for my purposes, then added the colors. It is sort of cheating, but since it's just for my own personal use, I don't feel too bad about it. Though I must say I've started daydreaming about creating these personalized cards for people via Etsy. It's just that I'm not exactly that bored. I have a job, plus a toddler? No thanks. Maybe later. Let's stash that in the to-do file. I got them printed through Costco's photo printing center. It isn't ideal, but it's cheap. And so simple! I sent the file to Costco through their website, then picked the prints up an hour later at the store! I love it! Then I wrote the details on the back in Sharpie and stuck a stamp on them, mailing them postcard style! Best way to print on the cheap. Especially since I don't own a printer at home. Plus, that many invitations? I'd probably have spent $70 in ink! Anyway, I have a bunch more things to share, and they will come shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment